Benefits of thermal water springs
The mineralized water from the hot water has different effects on the human body. Some authors divide them into three, biological, physical and chemical, but in reality, all act at the same time.
Bathing in thermal water increases body temperature, killing germs, including viruses, also increases the hydrostatic pressure of the body, which increases blood circulation and oxygenation. This increase in temperature helps dissolve and eliminate toxins from the body.
By increasing oxygenation, bathing in hot water leads to improved nutrition of the tissues of the body in general, why increases metabolism, while stimulating the secretions of the digestive tract and liver, thus helping the digestion.
Take repeated baths (especially in periods of 3-4 weeks) can help normalize the functions of the endocrine glands and the general functioning of the body’s autonomic nervous system. There is also an improvement and stimulation of the immune system, mental relaxation, endorphin production and regulation of glandular functions. Many of these effects are due to the consumption of the body of minerals such as carbon dioxide, sulfur, calcium and magnesium.
There are skin conditions that can have a marked improvement in hot spring baths (especially if they contain sulfur). Diseases that benefit most are psoriasis, dermatitis and fungal diseases. Sometimes also help in the healing of wounds and other skin injuries. Sometimes this action is attributed to the “sulphobacteries” (isolated by the “International Society of Medical Hydrology” organism, to explain the effects of the “intangibles” of the hot springs)
Not too many years ago, a microorganism was isolated – the “International Society of Medical Hydrology” – studying precisely what is called “intangibles” of the hot springs. The organism isolated, belongs to what is called today “sulphobacteries”. It has been reported that this group of microorganisms help the human body to improve the defense system of the skin against all types of attacks. Likewise, help to reduce the aging process of the body.
In summary form, the chronic diseases that are benefited with the use of balneotherapy, according to research by Dr. Yuko Agishi are:
- Chronic rheumatic diseases.
- Peripheral functional recovery of the central neuroparalysis.
- Some metabolic diseases such as diabetes, obesity and gout.
- Chronic gastrointestinal problems.
- Mild respiratory illness.
- Circulation problems.
- Chronic skin diseases.
- Stress-related diseases and other psychosomatic.
- Aftermath of trauma.
- Chronic gynecological diseases.
Some general recommendations for the use of the hot springs are...
- It is always best to consult with your doctor before using the hot springs therapy if it is pregnant or has a disease.
- Avoid swimming alone in hot springs, the older adults should use caution and do not use if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If you take medications for heart disease beware.
- No overheating, stay well hydrated and if you have skin diseases that are contagious, use private pools.
- The main form of prevention to reduce the risk of Naegleria fowleri infection with should focus on limiting the amount of water entering through the nose.